Wednesday 6 November 2013

Repost of my comment at Steve Hopwood's Forex

This is a repost of my comment on the thread "R/MT4 indicator" on Steve Hopwood's Forex forum.

I have been busy working on my own trading ideas. Below is an example of a component that I am working on, which is part of a bigger picture to develop my own set of tools and indicators, for a complete trading system.

My system has six key components: (i) multi-pair; (ii) market strength; (iii) trend; (iv) momentum; (v) price action; and (vi) parameter-less. Each individual component is not new, however this system will be unique and different from others as it uses my own integration of custom indicators. I may post again to further elaborate on my system in the near future.

GradientVolatility Integrated With CSS

As mentioned above, one of my own trading idea was to integrate the GradientVolatility indicator with the CurrencySlopeStrength (CSS) indicator. See the attached picture.

Figure 1: Comparison of CSS and GradientCSS indicators


The CSS measures the strength of the currencies, however it does not measure the rate of change (or slope) of the strength. For example, in the picture, the CSS showed that AUD is negative and decelerating, but it does not show the rate of deceleration. The rate of change is captured using the GradientCSS.

There is a lot of potential for this indicator, as shown yesterday, when I gained a total of +73 pips from two long EurNzd trades based on their rates of change. See the attached history (ignore the other two non-EurNzd trades).

Figure 2: History of trades


The best part for trading on this indicator is that there won't be any optimization, as there are very few parameters. Hence, I do not have to worry about a high variance (over-fitting).

Note: There is a problem when calling the GradientCSS indicator with the iCustom() function, as it does not seem to like R very much. If anyone think that they can help, PM me.

(Edit: Just an update, I have completely rewritten the GradientCSS indicator from the ground up to use MQL code only, by replacing the lm() function from R. Then the iCustom() function should be able to work with this indicator.)

Download Indicator

The original GradientVolatility indicator can be downloaded here.

14 comments:

  1. Forex Trendy is a revolutionary program capable of finding the safest continuation chart patterns. It scans through all the charts, on all time frames and analyzes every prospective breakout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing remain forever. Then why to keep same patter of work again and again. Why to repeat same strategy for very essay. Use differ strategy for different subjects because every subject has its own meaning. Keep such posts on.
    รองพื้นคุมมัน ราคาไม่แพง

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. ForexFury.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    เส้น EMA คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    ที่เรียน ged

    ReplyDelete
  6. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    เล่น exness ให้รวย

    ReplyDelete
  7. Detailed and descriptive articles written in this blog is really very helpful for me as well as for other who seeking such kind of knowledge. It is definitely going to become useful in coming future.
    โรคเครียดจากการทํางาน

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gained new knowledge from well written content of this blog. It is showing some different kind of strategy to keep work better and improve with every new assignment. Gracefully written blog
    รองพื้นคุมมัน ราคาไม่แพง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.
    MACD คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  10. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
    XM ดีไหม

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    Risk Management คือ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. Futures Day Trading Room

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a topic that is near to my heart... Many thanks! Exactly where are your contact details though?
    cây treo quần áo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good blog you've got here.. It’s difficult to find excellent writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!
    tủ gỗ công nghiệp

    ReplyDelete